Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Going to a Haitian Club or Bal!











Going to a Haitian Club or Bal!


So this is a topic that most Haitian women can relate to, when we go to a Haitian club it's almost like being in a pacman video game. You just want to go out with the girls to enjoy the night and listen to some good kompa or zouk. Or just want to see your favorite band perform. After paying for our ticket at the door we make our first stop at the bar to buy our favorite drinks, then make our way to the floor to find a nice spot to hang out for the rest of the night. After the first hour the crowd is starting to grow, the loud music vibrating my ear drums and we're dancing and having fun with our group of friends then you suddenly feel someone pull your hands to lead you to the dance floor. You pull away nicely and say no thanks, this is just the beginning, because most people who know Haitian men know well that they'll ignore your attempt to reject them ,They'll talk loud enough for you to hear over the loud music, directly in your ears leaving not even an inches of space. God forbid you have one with bad breath, girls I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. The ones that talk so close to your face even when you hold your breath the moment you come back for air his breath sack still lingers in the air even after he closes his mouth. Now you proceed to walk away and all of a sudden you have a club stalker. Shaking him off is not as easy as you think, at this point my tolerance level is low. And now this guy is messing with my flow, how am I supposed to dance with the cute guy across the room when I have a monkey on my back? The last thing I remembered is that I purchased my own way into the club but the way this guy is following me we look like a fighting couple. Going to any club should not be frustrating, people just have to know how to back off it's sad that sometimes to get a person like that off your back is to insult them. I'm a very classy person, never loud when I go out, and I do my best never to step out of character but by doing so at times, your message may not be delivered the way you want. When it starts to bother me too much I just tell the guy to get the "F" out of my face. By that time he gets the point and walks off possibly to spare him self from embarrassment. But it's sad for anyone to make you feel like an absolute jerk before backing off, this would have been avoided on the first "NO".  My advice to men attending these kompa night clubs, learn to be more polite and ask before touching or grabbing a female hand, if it's ok if you could have this dance with her. If she says yes then you can put your hands out and lead her to the dance floor. If she says no learn to smile and say "no problem" and move on to the next. It would make it a more fun and peaceful environment for the both of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment