Translate

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Haitian Men Characteristics










Today I will be talking about the Characteristic of Haitian men. But before I do so let me tell you that I am not judging or generalizing the entire Haitian population or community. I am basing this off experience and what I've seen growing up or experienced my self. Pleased be advised that they are different category of men world wide, some may carry similar characteristic, some may not. So to answer your question 's on the different characteristic of Haitian men please read below and you'll be able to compare whether or not your Haitian men fall into that category.


The Just Comes.

The just comes are a group of Haitian immigrants that has travelled by sea or air some may refer to them as boats (meaning a person that was born in Haiti probably still have a thick haitian accent) So a Haitian guy that is a just come, immigrates to certain parts of the country mainly, Miami, New York, or Canada. When they just come they are ambitious looking for a new life and work here in America. Just comes can be different class of people. Some may have been well educated and have family that are well off financially others not so much. The Characteristic of a male just come he would be well dressed, button down shirt or polo, ironed pants with a leather belt and matching shoes. Hair cuts and trimmed facial hair is a must, looking like their ready to go to church. At this stage they are not so open to the American life style, and have different views of how children should be raised. When it comes to relationship the man works and the female is the home maker, they are very old fashioned and it's hard for them to accept change.

The Diaspora 

The Diaspora are a group of Haitians that have immigrated to the U.S. and are now picking up on the American ways. This is mainly the younger guys between the ages of 15-30. They are open to learning new things. I remember at one point they would wear Italian clothes in cologne this was very popular among the haitian community. The characteristic of  Diaspora men then would be the pointy Italian shoes, fitted jeans or pants, Button down shirts, Belts like (MOSCHINO). Now in 2013 the new characteristic of Diaspora men would be True Religion Jeans, Armani Exchange, Diesel, Prada, Gucci, and LV. May I add a few of them get them counter fit and some authentic, expensive jewelry too but they carry themselves really clean. When it comes to relationship they love women so much one is never enough. Oh and their good at lying too so they can appear to be more than what they really are. But in reality some are broke and probably live with family. The ones that are more  fortunate make their presence known especially at the clubs. Ordering drinks in V.I.P. and attend most of the big Haitian concerts and bal (club).

The Soccer Player

The Haitian soccer player,  if you did not know that 90% of Haitian men love soccer. This is basically their national sport. Some of them live in breath soccer, but be careful if you are scouting them on the soccer field. They have a very tight bond with their soccer buddies, being that they are athletes they always have women around them. Love to attend house parties and cook outs. Depending on how social your guy is he's friend will come by and chill at your house crack jokes and talk about women. They'll encourage each other to cheat. At this point it's up to your guy to use his best judgement.  Characteristic of  a haitian male soccer player. He spends more time with his soccer buddies the he does at home. May have a main chic and a side chic. Expects for food to be ready when he comes home. Sex is great until he has a big match to attend because he does not want to bring down his stamina. If he's not working or unemployed run for your life their looking for women to take care of them.

The Haitian men and Bazz (Hangout)

When you first meet the Haitian Hustler you may not know it right from the bat, he may drive a decent car. Wear decent close like most diaspora's would do. Even bring you to dinner. Just to find out later that he hangs out with his friend at their Bazz (Hangout spot) all day. He does not work, or has no interest in working unless it's hustling money. Plays Haitian  bollet (Lotto) go to clubs on the weekends and dress really nice. Characteristics of men that hang out at the Bazz , sometimes he'll have his wife or girlfriend drop him off and hang with other just like him all day and debate on non sense. When it comes to relationship the women usually catch them in the act and there is always fights or altercations. It's a place of gossip and drama most Haitian barber shops are included in the Bazz category. It's a small community and everyone always know somebody so good luck trying to live a private life. Oh and don't forget lots of gambling , dominoes and card playing goes on in these bazz.

Older Haitian Men

The older Haitian men are very old fashioned of course but they love young women as young as their 20's The older guys mid 40's upper 60's are a bit more serious when it comes to Characteristic. They love to listen to old haitian music like Tabou Combo, Tropicana,  and Troubadou. They love sophisticated things like eating quail, fried pork (Grio), or Fried Turkey with Fried Plantain salads , brown rice and don't forget the liquor. They love good hospitality so you have to know how to cater to him and his friends.  They'll reminisce about all the good stuff they had in the past. The older guys used to take  care of home although they cheated, some are very jealous or even possessive, but they would put their women and children in a homes.

Conclusion to Characteristics of Haitian Men 

As you can see reading my blog the Characteristic of a Haitian man was broken down into different categories. But for the most part they are very jealous, love attention and women, as a female dealing with a Haitian guy they lie allot. Some are possessive more possessive than others. They usually leave the woman to take care of home. When it comes to Hygiene haitian men love to wear cologne, and dress nice. When it comes to family again it all depends on the up bringing. It's hard to get family time unless it's a party. If he's americanized enough you might get lucky if he's willing to embrace his family. Haitian men are very social but keep in mind at least 90%  of Haitian men are players or was once in the past. Good Luck!

14 comments:

  1. I have alot of friends that are Haitian. Most of them are the category "The Diaspora". Most of them were born here in the states. My gf was born here in Florida and is american as they come. Her parents on the other hand, they old school! Mom cooks, cleans, serves. Dad works and takes care of the lawn. I'm not saying that is wrong, thats just how the culure in Haiti is. Mt gf dad told her that it will be hard for me in my pursuit in marring her, do to me not being Haitian and not knowing the culture. One example, I had lunch at their house after church, we we're having Tassot de Dinde, Banan Peze, Diri ak Pwa, and that sauce thats basically pureed beans. (I love Haitian cuisine!). I learned that day that is a certain order in which you eat the food. Never knew that! But her dad made sure to let me know. I didn't understand it but I respect her father and if thats how it's done then thats how I'll do it. I could go into the whole marriage hoops I have to jump through in order for her dad to allow me to marry but I'll save that for another time. I can say one thing, she is well worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you right i guess that is true haitian people will take care off you very when you get to there country

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello My name is Karen and Im actually in a relationship with a Haitian men. I'm puerto rican and I Love this man to death. I tought I was able to change him with Love but its look that I'm just wasting my time/young years. I'm 38 yo He is 52 yo I dont know how to explain everything is being happening lately but I would like to literally have a nice talk to someone from his culture that is not one of his friends or family member how can be objective and partial. Before i takes my final decision. I feel like I have to Stop this relationship but at the same time my feelings are bigger. Can someone Please contact me at 267-312-0843 text me first for me to know who is it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is Pastor Ron, and I am a Haitian husband, father and family minister. I live in GA, and the distance is not helpful to your situation, I know. However, I just wanted to make a few remarks concerning your comments. First of all, I tip my hat to Ruth for her blog. Now for you Karen, although I do not know much about you but what you wrote, I can tell that you are terribly hurting, and you are in a dilemma as far as leaving this Haitian man is concerned. This man may love you, and you do not know unless you ask him directly. In any case, a man is a man no matter his ethnicity. Most men do not relate to women in a healthy fashion. That may be due to their upbringing, their personality, or both. The key remark that I wanted to make to you is that “No one can change anyone.” Only God is able to change people. So if you are a Christian, then you can pray for God to change your circumstances. Otherwise, you are on your own, and the best that you can do is to talk to your man to help him understand your needs as a woman. Romantic intimacy and feelings are not first on the agenda of a relationship for most men. Most men do not understand that love is not limited to feelings and sex, but requires sacrifices. Most men do not understand women’s needs for security, intimacy and affection. They are always running and only come back to get what they want with no strings attached. I am not saying your man is that way. I am rather describing men in general. Therefore what you may need to do is to spend some quality time with your man and engage him in a conversation where you would let him know how you feel. Tell him that you love him and explain to him how you love him. Do not leave the guess work for him to do. And at last, ask him also how he believes he loves you. His reply at that point will let you know where you stand. I wish you the best.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex and his brother spoke of a father having sex with his own daughter and found HER wrong and her back to Haiti.

      Delete
  5. This post and all these comments make me so sad....I am not Haitian but have been dating a Haitian man 4 months now and cannot believe how alive and Happy he makes me feel...but also the lying thing...always being so secretive on his phone..disappearing for hours sometimes jiat to be on his phone....i dont understand it. I know he loves me. And i know he can nevee have these women in real life...they are from his country and he is here...so why does he Do it?? :'( I want to stay with him...he says he wants to marry me 1 day and he doesn't have any other Girlfriends and that even if i dont want marriage he will just stay with only me....im just confused by his actions....help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We connect on a very sweet and spiritual level....he brings me to his home where he has introduced me to his mother, sister, brother, and friends...and allows me to spend time with them alone so i can bond with them as well......is this significant in his culture ? He encourages me to be very independent and strong and respects my privacy and only gets upset if he has to keep telling me he doesnt have other girlfriends even tho i know his facebook is a problem...he doesnt consider that him Talking to other women is cheating....am i being over dramatic? He's very literal... Also he is comfortable enough to practice his religion in front of me which has made me feel closer to him .. Any advice??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are there positive experiences out there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl...I had a bad experience with a Christian Haitian who claimed in no uncertain terms how much he loves me....BUT...after 8 months of dating...i asked him where did i stand with him....His response was" Lets pray about it"......Lol...THAT WAS IT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I tell you...they will call you the sweetest names, opens doors for you...but very poor on communication.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol I find all this hilarious and very true... Big liars, cheaters, selfish, controlling, jealous, sweet, good in bed,good dressers, secretive, charming, charismatic, manipulative etc... For me its a momentary thing... My Hatian man snaps when I call him out on anything and wants me to jus "let him be him" I do and we hang from time to time with no issues bcuz he knows I do know the real him. He still lies to me when he doesnt have to and I still call him out on it. Its our thing... Crazy I know but for now we are tied in a way that no matter wut happens we want to be in each others lives. I by no means would ever be in a committed relationship with him... But for now he is wut I want and vice versa. He always tells me I challenge him and Im too good for him. My reply is always I know lol... Hatian men are deep creatures but to me the experience is a good one if ur prepared for all that comes with them. And by no means marry one u will only get heart break. But enjoy the sensuality that they posess its oh so powerful and quite amazing... Only a strong woman can deal with a Haitian man...They really have to be allowed to roam, so let them and enjoy the part of them that initially attracted u to them in the 1st place... If u cant dont get involved... U will only end up heart broken...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay so I've read a majority of the comments. I am married to a Haitian/Dominican man who's been in the USA since age 8. He has no accent at all. In fact, you wouldn't even know he's Haitian by talking with him. I love my husband with everything in me. He's my best friend. Some things I have noticed is he's possessive and jealous. But he told me this from day one. So, it's on me and I shouldn't complain. He's a hard worker and loves that I work too so we can build a life together. He has no patience for people who don't work. He's cheap too. Very cheap but he loves me enough to let me have my morning Starbucks. The best thing is that he's extremely sweet and has an awesome sense of humor. Plus his sex drive is off the charts. His parents are deceased but he loves his mother very much. He will snap off on someone if needed. He's a homebody. He doesn't really want to do much outside of the home. It takes an act of Congress to get him to participate in family activities. Love my husband very much. And it's true about them being strict parents. Wouldn't trade him for all of the money in the world.

    ReplyDelete